Lazard is the world’s leading independent financial advisory and asset management firm. Listed on the NYSE, it has origins dating back to 1848 and operates from 43 offices across 26 countries. In Australia, Lazard is a leading M&A and restructuring advisor to corporate and government clients, with particular expertise in large and complex transactions.
Recent significant transactions in Australia include advising:
- Toll Holdings on its $8.1 billion sale to Japan Post (sole financial advisor)
- The Australian Commonwealth Government on the $5.7 billion initial public offering of Medibank (sole financial advisor)
- Ramsay Health Care on its $2.3 billion acquisition of Générale de Santé
- EnergyAustralia on the $1.8 billion sale of the Iona gas storage facility (sole financial advisor)
- Amcom on its $1.3 billion merger with Vocus
- Murray Goulburn on its $500 million initial public offering
Lazard’s recent significant transactions globally include advising:
- J. Heinz, 3G Capital and Warren Buffet on Heinz’s US$115 billion merger with Kraft Foods (sole financial advisor)
- Anheuser-Busch InBev on its US$122 billion acquisition of SABMiller (lead financial advisor)
- Aetna on its US$37 billion acquisition of Humana
- AT&T on its US$67 billion acquisition of DirectTV (sole financial advisor)
Lazard strongly believes that the quality of the services it provides is above all defined by the individuals who deliver them. Lazard invests significant time and energy in finding the right people to join its businesses and actively seeks out high-calibre and multi-talented individuals who can bring enthusiasm and new perspectives to our organisation. Applications can be made to both a Graduate Program and a Summer Internship Program.