FMAA Management Consulting Case Competition Rules
You are presented a company with a problem, which you must identify and attempt to solve. Included in this pack are a series of Exhibits that will aid you in this task. It is strongly recommended that you conduct additional research into best practise for this Competition Case. It is against the rules to contact the subject company in an attempt to gain solutions to the case.
This Competition Case will form the basis of the Campus Heats, and the Campus Finals for the top 4 teams at each university. An extension to the same case will form the basis for the National Finals to be held in Sydney for the best performing Campus Finals team from each university.
After reviewing all submissions, each university will select no more than 16 teams to present at the Campus Heats, which will commence the week of Monday 12th September 2016. All teams should prepare for the possibility of progressing to the Campus Heats.
At the Campus Heats, team’s submission will be supported by a formal presentation consisting of:
- 10 minute uninterrupted presentation in which every registered team member is required to participate
- 5 minute “Question & Answer” with the judges present
- Presentation schedules will vary per campus, but both Campus Heats and Campus Finals will be completed Friday 16th September 2016
- Additionally, all teams will be provided with feedback from judges at the Campus Heats stage of the competition
Business solutions will be considered on a range of criteria, including, but not limited:
- Situation analysis and problem identification
- Feasibility and clarity of recommendations
- Use of both provided materials and external research
- Level of innovation and creativity
- Strength of both qualitative and quantitative analysis
The submission deadline is 5:00PM AEST Friday 9th September 2016
- Submissions should be made via email to [email protected] with your University and Team Name in the subject
- Please ensure submissions are made in either PowerPoint or PDF format
- The maximum number of slides for each submission is 15 slides (inclusive of title page, content and divider slides), excluding supporting appendix slides
For any queries, please contact the FMAA Competitions Committee at [email protected]