The UBS Investment Banking Challenge offers an opportunity for students to test their skills on a real-life transaction and gain hands-on experience of work as an investment banking analyst.
To represent your university in this year’s competition, form a team and register online between April 5 and April 22, 2019. Campus heats take place during the first week of May.
The winning team from each participating university will present to senior bankers at our Sydney office. And the final top three teams will win cash prizes and guaranteed interviews for our summer internship program.
Registrations Open: Friday 5 April
Registrations Close: Monday 22 April (5pm)
Campus Heats – Wednesday 1st May/Thursday 2nd May (UNSW), TBC (USYD)
Campus Finals – Thursday 23 May – Friday 24 May
National Final – Thursday 31 May
Register your team at: https://www.ubs.com/microsites/ubs-investment-banking-challenge/en/register-now.html
Looking for team member? Register individually at: https://forms.gle/tXAnY5xzpnjMLyuf7
Find out more at this event page.
- By entering the competition conducted by UBS AG (the “IB Challenge”) you agree to the terms and conditions below which are subject to change by UBS AG at any time without notice.
- Registrations for the IB Challenge are open to current students from the following universities only; Australian National University, University of Adelaide, University of Melbourne, Monash University, University of New South Wales, University of Queensland, Sydney University, University of Technology Sydney and University of Western Australia (“Participating Universities”). Each team must comprise of between two to four students from the same Participating University.
- All registrations must be made online at ubs.com/auschallenge between Monday, April 8 to Monday, April 22, 2019.
- Submit by Saturday, April 27, 2019, by 5pm.
- The judging panel for Campus Heats and Campus Finals for each Participating University will comprise of academics from that Participating University along with UBS representatives. The judging panel for National Finals will comprise of UBS representatives. Entries will be judged on team performance and merit and not on individual performances. Decisions made by the judging panels will be final and not open to dispute. The National Finals will be held in UBS’s Melbourne Office. UBS’s travel desk will provide a return economy flight for Interstate based winners of the Campus Finals who are invited to attend the National Final. Taxis to and from the airport will be reimbursed.
- Entrants’ personal details will not be disclosed to parties outside of UBS and the entrants’ Participating University.
- Winners of the National Final will be announced on the same day as the National Final.
- UBS AG takes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damages incurred by participants whilst competing in the IB Challenge, whether due to UBS’ or the Participating University’s negligence or otherwise. Participants agree that UBS will not be liable for any liability, claim, or damage suffered by the Participant as a result of or in connection with their participation in the IB Challenge.
- Students at participating universities form teams of between two and four students.
- Register for the competition by clicking Register Now by Monday, April 22, 2019, 5pm.
- Receive the Challenge case study on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 and prepare a pitchbook to be submitted to UBS on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, by 12 pm.
- Students receive confirmation of when to deliver their presentation to an academic panel.
- Present to a panel of judges with 10 mins presentation + 5 to 10mins questions and answers.
- Up to six teams will be selected to compete in the campus finals, to be held either on Thursday, May 23 or Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Winners of the campus finals will be invited to compete in the national final, held at UBS’s Melbourne office on Thursday, May 30, 2019 (travel expenses for interstate teams will be covered by UBS.)
- All national finalists will be invited to attend the UBS Development Program on Friday, May 31, 2019.