The complete and final rules will be provided upon release of the case.
You will be presented a series of securities, one or more of which may be open to you for insights. You will be asked to justify your chosen outlook for relevant constituent securities and your investment strategy. It is recommended that you conduct outside research as to the most rational approach and deliver these findings in a manner that is comprehensive and engaging.
It is against the rules to contact subject companies in attempts to gain solutions to the case.
This Competition Case will form the basis of the Campus Heats. An extension to the same case will form the basis for each State Finals. A more exhaustive level of analysis is expected as competitors progress.
Please note that discussion of competition details and related materials is strictly limited to the members of individual teams. Teams must work independently and must not consult personal contacts or industry professionals for guidance or advice. Information must also be derived from publicly available sources only.
The FMAA is able to provide general clarification on the case but will not assist you in constructing or presenting your findings.
At the Campus Heats, team’s submission will be supported by a formal presentation consisting of:
- 10-minute uninterrupted presentation in which every registered team member is required to participate
- 5-minute “Question & Answer” with the judges
- Additionally, all teams will be provided with feedback from judges at the Campus Heats stage of the competition to incorporate if they are to progress to the State Finals
Presentations will be considered on a range of criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Rationale of chosen stock(s)
- Feasibility and clarity of recommendation
- Valuation methodologies
- Strength of both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Overall presentation and conviction of argument
The submission deadline will fall on Wednesday, 21 March 2018.
- Submissions should be made via email to [email protected] with your University and Team Name in the subject.
- Please ensure submissions are made in either PowerPoint or PDF format. Please also bring 5 hard copies of your submission on presentation day.
- The maximum number of slides for each submission is 15 slides (inclusive of title page, content and divider slides), excluding supporting appendix slides.
Thursday 15 March, 9:00PM – Team registration deadline
16 March – Campus Heats case released
21 March – Campus Heats submission
22 March – Campus Heats
28 March – State Finals & Networking Event
For any queries, please contact the FMAA Competitions Committee at [email protected].